Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My Mailbox (3)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. If you haven't already visited her blog, I advice you to do so. She is the epitome of professional blogging. Well IMM is just a simple way of showing others what exciting books we acquire in a good weeks time. It's also a great way for fellow blogs to interact with each other. Follow or comment me, and I'll easily return the favor.


Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (Published October 18th 2007 by Razorbill)
Across The Universe by Beth Revis (Published January 11th 2011 by Razorbill)
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer (Published July 26th 2011 by Penguin Young Readers Group) 
Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray (7/1/11 by Little brown) 

A huge thanks goes out to my friends at Little Brown.

50 comments :

Unknown said...

Great oes this week :) Enjoy.

WildIrishRose33 said...

I have yet to read any of those books from your IMM. I DO have Nightshade. But I have the original cover. I, too, like my covers to match. Kinda sad you didn't like Across the Universe (every time I hear that title I think of the movie). Everyone's loved it so much. But it's good to hear the differing viewpoints. Sometimes that's what stops me from reading a book, is if EVERYONE loves it. Because I'm usually disappointed in it as a result.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-) I'm glad you like it. Look forward to reading more from you too!

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Oh Wolfsbane! I have Nightshade in my TBR pile (am hoping to read it this month.)

Also, new follower here. Thank you again for stopping by my blog!

Molli
http://www.onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com

Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy said...

Sounds like a great book week! In aggreement with WildIrshRose33 about not liking Across the Universe, but everyone has their own opinions :)

Haven't read Nightshade or Wolfsbane, but it's looking like I'll have to :)

Falling for Hamlet looks amazing! Hope you have a good time reading it!

Liz said...

I've already read Wolfsbane and it was so good! I loved the balance of action and world-building in it. Nice IMM!

basma aal said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I followed you too. I hope you enjoy your books this week and I personally cant wait for Wolfsbane to read.

Brittany said...

Really fantastic books this week. Congrats on the win. I loved Thirteen Reasons Why, it's too bad you didn't. I also really liked Across the Universe. Happy Reading!

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Hi Cory, thanks for stopping by Book Labyrinth. =) I'm following you now as well.

'Thirteen Reasons Why' is everywhere lately... I think I might have to pick it up!

Book Reviews From The Basement said...

I have Across The Universe on my shelf and it's been standing there in months. For some reason I haven't read it yet but I'm planning to do so. Just a bit sceptical. Not sure why.

Chloe Booklover said...

Great mailbox! I had a lot of trouble getting into Across the Universe and had to force myself to finish it. Thankfully there is at least 1 other person out there that didn't love it! I still think it was a worthwhile read though, you might want to consider finishing it :P Oh, and being a huge fan of Thirteen Reasons Why, I had to read your review to find out why you didn't like the novel. I have to admit you pointed out some things (the reason for suicide) that made me think a bit. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Chloe @ YA Booklover Blog

Jennifer said...

Great IMM, Cory. I just finished Falling For Hamlet and absolutely loved it. It's full of mystery, suspense and drama...I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. New follower.
Enjoy all of your goodies!

Laura Massey said...

Sorry you couldn't get through Across the Universe. I loved it when I read it. But I had a friend who borrowed my copy and spent a month trying to read it before giving up, so I guess you're not alone.

Love the hat!

Owl Tell You About It

Felicia said...

Stopping by with a friendly hello, and thanks for following. Am now following your blog as well. So jealous you got Falling For Hamlet for review! It's a nice change to hear from a male perspective. I saw Across the Universe too, but never picked it up because I didn't like the summary of it. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Happy reading,

Felicia @ Livin' Life Through Books

Amelia said...

Awesome IMM! :) New follower. Happy reading. :)

mrs_laura_koehler said...

Yay Wolfsbane. I can't wait to read it I have a few ahead of it first so hopefully soon. I still need to read Across the Universe, and I really want to read Falling for Hamlet. Great set of books. The covers of Across the Universe and the next one are amazing.
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Pamela said...

Good books this week! I can't wait to read Across the Universe (I have an ebook copy waiting for me). My roommate read it and loved it.

The Flashlight Reader said...

Falling for Hamlet is high on my want list! Lucky duck. =)

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Great books! I hope to grab Wolfsbane soon. I loved 13 Reasons Why, off to read your review.

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I got Wolfsbane too. I really need to read 13 Reasons Why.
My IMM

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

I want wolfsbane I loved Nightshade so I'm excited to see what wolfsbane has in store. I wasn't a fan of them changing the cover either I like mine to match as well, and I liked the older covers to me they were more YA looking.

Laci Crawford said...

Awesome in my mailbox!!! I love WOLFSBANE!!!! I am a new follower and I hope that have a great week of reading!!!

you can follow me on twitter also

lovepassionbook

:)

Anonymous said...

So, New Moon was my least favorite of the Twilight series, but it was mostly because I couldn't handle all the Bella moping and sort of was wishing she'd fall off the cliff the whole time. ;)

I haven't read Nightshade (I don't read a TON of paranormal but I'm not against it or anything), but I've heard good things about the series as a whole.

Holly said...

Love the look of your blog and the cover for Wolfsbane. I'm not a huge YA paranormal fan though.

Lacey said...

Hey Cory :) Nice to make your acquaintance. I thoroughly enjoyed your vlog and I really need to read Nightsahde, I have but you know how it is with that TBR pile.

New follower, looking forward to your future reviews and such. Have a super week!

-Lacey Peace.Love.Books

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to read Thirteen Reasons Why. Thank you for visiting my blog, and enjoy your picks! :)

http://incandescentenchantments.blogspot.com

Gianne said...

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Super nice. I really like your blog design, it's awesome sauce ^.^ I'm already following you back.

Great reads! I'm wondering about how F4H turns out so I'll be waiting for your review!

Happy reading~

Kelsa P. said...

Gah! Across The Universe!? I'm so jealous. I always, always forget to get myself a copy when I spend money on books. Great IMM Cory! And thank you for stopping by my blog! Love the look of yours, too. New follower. =D

~Kelsa

Anonymous said...

All my thanks for stopping by my blog! I haven't read any of the ones on your IMM. They do look VERY fascinating though!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad you like it. I'm following you back now! Love your blog as well, I think you have a great blog name!

Oooh, I hope you like Across the Universe, I loved it and am excited for book two to come out :) I want to read Thirteen Reasons Why, I think it's the book of the month for this Goodreads YA book group I am in, but I have yet to find a copy of it (I don't think my library has it D:) Can't wait to hear about them from you!

Braiden said...

Can’t wait to get my hands on my copy of Wolfsbane >.< Urrghhh I want it now!

Morgan said...

wow, you got some fantastic books this week! Thirteen Reasons Why is one of the most moving books I've ever read! I really want to read both Wolfsbane and Falling for Hamlet as well!

Happy Reading! - Morgan @ Once Upon a Reader

Katie said...

You got some great books this week! (: You said that you didn't get a chance to request any books for review. I'm just wondering, how do you place a request to review a book? I'd love to do that! Thanks,
-Katie @ Magic Is In Words

Briana said...

Great week in books! =) Thanks for following BAM Book Reviews and we're already following you! I've been a fan for a while now =P

Kristina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog

I love buying books with beautiful covers, I'm always attracted to the covers first and if I want the summary I will buy the book :) A little backwards I know, but I don't care

Jackee Renahe said...

Hey, it's Ren from over at Renahe's Rambles! I'm a new follower, I can't believe I hadn't found your blog sooner. I actually really liked Thirteen Reasons Why, but it's always good to hear other opinions. =)

Kelly said...

Ooohhh, Wolfsbane! I actually haven't read Nightshade yet, but I want to, so I'm excited about Wolfsbane, too. I agree though, that I like my covers to match--needless to say, I'm not happy that they changed the cover to the next Delirium book.

Falling For Hamlet sounds really good. Hamlet's my favorite Shakespeare play, so I'm adding Falling For Hamlet to my TBR list.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy reading!

Nicole said...

Hi Cory, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind words!! I am following you back!! :-) I cannot wait to read Wolfsbane...I have it on hold at the library now and it should be in any day!

I got an ARC of Falling for Hamlet a while ago and haven't read it yet...love the cover though!

-Nicole

Unknown said...

great vlog!!! =D

I loved Across the Universe! its so good!

give it a shot hehe

cool hat!

Unknown said...

Wonderful IMM. I am still upset they changed the covers of Nightshade and Wolfsbane, the ARC cover of Wolfsbane was so pretty!! I actually really liked across the universe, sad you didn't. I can't wait for your review of falling for hamlet!!!

Jennie said...

Great IMM! Across the Universe is such a good book!

Mandroid said...

Nice haul! All those are on my list (except for Wolfsbane and that probably will be soon after I read the Nightshade).

Love the hat, though I can't imagine where you are that you can wear that without dying from heat exhaustion right now.

New follower! Looking forward to reading some of your reviews.

-Leslie
Workingforthemandroid.com

Sel said...

Hi!

I'm a new book blogger, all the way from Singapore. Love the formatting of your blog! Your blog has been real guide.

And yeah, I'm a new follower :) There's not many book blogs around in Singapore, but love of books do transcend boundaries!

I'll stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.

The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post
to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the
issue resolved soon. Kudos
My web page :: http://divinedestinycareercoaching.com

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you supply for your articles.
I'll bookmark your blog and check again right here frequently. I'm moderately sure I'll be informed lots of new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!
my web site - Searchlight Rental

Anonymous said...

I'm more than happy to find this website. I want to to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new information in your blog.
Also visit my web blog Vertnet

Anonymous said...

It's amazing designed for me to have a web site, which is good in favor of my knowledge. thanks admin
Here is my web site : toxins

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to
be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries
that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole
thing without having side-effects , people could take
a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
My web blog ... glowballoonsusa.com

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this weblog on regular basis to get updated from hottest information.
Also visit my web page Toronto Office Furniture for less everyday

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely
different browsers and I must say this blog
loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a fair price?
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Review my webpage ... http://unforked.com

ron said...

Great post! I have been referencing this article quite often. Thank you for providing such valuable information.
cocaine drug test