Thursday, August 4, 2011

Follow me Friday (3)

Fun question this week; took a crack at it. (:
Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).
A. As random as this might sound, CLARITY by Kim Harrington has definitely influenced my literary life. I have read it four times and still find joy all the way up until the very last line. It proved to me that YA can be fun and light, yet still work your mind. Because of CLARITY, paranormal crime became my favorite sub-genre. The first time I cracked open the spine, I was really craving a warm story. Kim Harrington's work did it for me then, and it still does it for me until this day.
Other books that were thoroughly influential, are LORD OF THE FLIES, THE HUNGER GAMES, and THE HARRY POTTER SERIES.
Leave a comment saying that you're a new follower, and I'll easily return the favor!

32 comments :

Alaiel Kreuz said...

Clarity is one of the books I know I want to read but I don't get the chance to do so. Thanks for your answer, I'll try to read it soon!
I'm an old follower^^ This is my Follow Friday.

BTW, I'm hosting three giveaways in my blog and two of them are international (the other one is just for Europe), just click HERE and feel free to enter :D

Alaiel

Obsession with Books said...

Hi & Happy Friday!

I read Clarity recently and enjoyed it :)

My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice weekend.

MeikkiBeibi said...

Might have to go get my paws on Clarity now. ;)

I got married thanks to this book...
My 3rd Friday Follow Entry

New Follower. :)

Livia @ Butterfly-o-Meter Books said...

Hey!
Omg, I haven't read Clarity yet, it's on my TBR pile, one of many awesome-seeming books I somehow never get around to read... *sigh*

Love your blog, too :D Following you too.

Melissa @ Mel's Books and Info said...

I love that you picked Clarity. It is a great book I flew through that one, and can't wait for more like it. Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the comment. I am now following too! I look forward to reading more of your reviews!

Unknown said...

Haven't read this one, but it sounds like a cool book :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you too! :D

Paranormal Night Owls said...

Happy Friday!

I really loved Clarity as well, and I cannot wait for the second installment in the series.

Followed you back 400th follow! :)

sinn said...

Hmm, never heard of that book. The fact that you read it 4 times really says something about the book. I'll have to look it up.

Thanks for stopping by and the follow! Returning the favor, sweets!

Btw, that ARC looks AWESOME!!

sinn @ sinnful books

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, your comment made me smile!

Clarity is defo going on my TBR list now, I've heard a lot about it.

Great Follow Friday.

New follower (:
Happy weekend sweet!
x

LLM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I haven't read Clarity. I'll have to add it to my tbr list. I'm a new follower.
LLM - ABookGeek

Kayleigh @ The Reading Journal said...

OOOO, I've never actually read Clarity, but I will be adding it to my TBR pile now :D

Pepa said...

Old follower hopping through! Nice choice, i'll have to add it to my tbr pile. :) Happy Friday.

-Pepa @ Anonymous Reads

Katie said...

Hi, old follower hopping by! (: Clarity is such a good book! I read it because of your amazing review. I commented on one of your IMM's, but I never heard back. I was wondering how you can request books to review from authors and/or publishing companies. I'd love to find out. Thanks & Happy Friday!
-Katie @ Magic Is In Words

★Leila | The Fiction Pixie said...

I have never actually heard of this book. It is great that it could be so powerful and wonderful for you! It sounds like something I will have to check out as I am a paranormal fan, I love most genres including it.

Thanks for stopping by, new follower :)
★Leila

Unknown said...

Oh, I definitely agree with the Hunger Games! and Harry Potter (obviously, since you've read mine). I haven't read Clarity, though. Perhaps I should.

Just hopping back from Pretty in Fiction. You've been followed.

Fireflywishes said...

Just stopping by to say Hi, since i've followed you for awhile now! Lord of the Flies? I read that in 9th grade.. I thought it was really interesting but not quite my cup of tea. Very intelligent book though, I couldn't believe how much symbolism could be packed in ONE book! I haven't read The Hunger Games yet, but Harry Potter is definitely a fav.

I think you've gotten a re-design since I last visited! Looking good!

April @ My Shelf Confessions

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Glad you liked Clarity so much. I really want to read it.
My Hop

Lisa Mandina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower now. I also loved Lord of the Flies, The Hunger Games, and Harry Potter.

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

I have clarity sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. I can never make up my mind what I want to read, but I might have to move this on up the list. :)

have a good weekend

Richard said...

Thanks for the follow! I haven't heard of Clarity before, but I'm going to look into!

Happy FF!

Old Follower :)

Jesse said...

New follower here. I've wanted to read Clarity for sometime now. I think you've convinced me to finally get myself a copy!

Melanie Novella Ray said...

I have never actually read that book. Guess I should check it out later.:)

http://readitin7days.com

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

I still have to read Clarity - and I will, some day soon! Also...THG love! Points to you. :D :D

Come on over to my blog to see which books I talked about!

http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-13-book-blogger-hop-11.html

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome! I have yet to read Clarity, but it's on my TBR list!

Thanks for stopping my blog! Have a great weekend!

Nora, The Bookery

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My blog:
meilleur taux www.rachatdecredit.net

Mandy IReadIndie said...

I won Clarity from a blog contest but never got it..I was really looking forward to reading it too. oh well..but I will dwefinitely have to check it out.

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

wow that good? I REALLY need to get Clarity now (:

Haley @ Ya-Aholic (:

Anonymous said...

What's up, the whole thing is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's really good, keep up writing.
Feel free to surf my homepage Latest Updates

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many
of us have created some nice practices and we are looking
to trade techniques with other folks, be sure to shoot me an
email if interested.
Also visit my blog http://www.alyssamelodyacupuncture.com/?_escaped_fragment_=about1/c1uu4

Anonymous said...

hi!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we keep in
touch extra about your article on AOL? I need an expert on this area to unravel my problem.

May be that is you! Looking forward to peer you.
Look into my web blog - Voice Game Servers

Anonymous said...

What's up to every one, the contents present at this web page are genuinely amazing for people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.
Look into my web site ... com.sg

Anonymous said...

Do you have any video of that? I'd want to find out some additional information.
my web page :: hpv natural treatment